Two Australian scientists, Thiele and Small, were responsible for creating the algorithms for calculating loudspeaker cabinets. They discovered the required parameters and developed methods for measuring them.
These TSPs include:
- driver free air resonance of the driver fs
- equivalent volume of compliance Vas
- Q of driver at Fs considering electrical losses only Qes
- Q of a driver due to mechanical losses Qms
- Q at resonance (Fs), due to all losses Qts
See Proficlub 12/95 "Auswirkungen von Toleranzen bei Thiele-Small-Parametern"